Tuesday, May 3, 2011

newfound glory

Hi there guys. Long time no see. Well its been really hard to find myself free time, because as a student myself time were being squeezed, every drop of it from my crappy life. So then, how do you love the new look of this blog? Have a look at the header please! It took me an evening worth of my available Photoshop skill to create this shitty header. The font had been changed also to a smaller one as to look more professional. And FYI, I also changed the url of the blog. Those ditchedinthewildcrappinessandhell is no more. Poyo nak mampos. Estranged la, ape la. Konon macam there was a darker side of me la. Rasa macam nak pegi balik masa dulu lepas tu sula diri sendiri.


Those were the past. Now the url had been changed to shayandsahlab.blogspot.com. Cool name huh? The blog become even more poyo! And for those whom asking, what the hell is sahlab? What the hell is shay?


Those two are among the most famous Egyptian or Middle Eastern's hot beverages. Shay means tea in Arabic; just plain black tea. Sahlab, well, its a type of drink that what I had been searched, had been made from salep flour that came from dried tuber of a type of wild orchid that originates from Turkey and its popularity came throughout Middle East and even reaches England. It is then brewed with hot milk and sugar, and garnished with nuts, dried coconuts and sultanas, just the same as the one that are shown on the header. These two drinks are available at any coffee house throughout Egypt. A must have if watching football with your peer!


Commercially sold instant sahlab - but you still cant get true taste of sahlab with it!


So why did I chose the name of drinks as the name of my blog? Well as a keen blog reader you people might have come across great blogs that named after drinks. Blog as Milo suam, teh tarik gelas besar, tukar tiub, they all had famous Malaysian drink as their title. So why would I want to miss out the fab of naming blog after drinks?LOL


And I even can bet that you people are asking why of the sudden I came out of the darkness and start to write again. Well there are several reason that i can give.


First, I have started to change my habit. No more procrastinating. I want every little thing that I did are meaningful and made me gain something which a friend of mine called life skills, as in soft skills. Ball juggling, Rubik Cube, playing piano, sewing, writing - it all adds up to something. I dont know. Maybe very useful if you want to impress somebody as lame as myself.


Second, I am really thwarted by the unseen challenge that my housemate has opposed. All of them have been started blogging. For all you know they all started to make name for themselves too. Some of them are even getting laid also! #akutakdeawekdowh Ha! Being challenged and overwhelmed by the motivation I started where I left off for the past 6 month and made some alteration. So hope for more sad and hopeless posts you guys! If you want to, you could check out the link to their blog at the sidebar here.


Ok guys its been late in the evening. Do leave some uplifting comments or suggestions. Gotta get to the workout bench now!







2 comments:

Aku tEtaP aKu said...

bes gile shay and sahlab...

NidzamYatimiRamli said...

ha. macam ni baru true